Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1712 – Felipe de Orbalaes, a friar at Nuestra Señora de las Angustias, is killed in an Indian raid outside Fort San Carlos de Austria.
- 1719 – A French squadron led by Admiral Desnos de Champmeslin arrives at Mobile to retake the Presidio Santa María de Galve.
- 1880 – Pensacola's first telephone exchange is established by Southern Bell at the northeast corner of Government Street and Palafox.
- 1901 – Evelyn Croom Maxwell leaves the Circuit Court bench to become a commissioner of the Florida Supreme Court.
- 1928 – The Frisco Railroad begins regular passenger train service to Pensacola.
- 1975 – General Daniel "Chappie" James, Jr. is promoted to four-star grade and assigned as commander in chief, NORAD/ADCOM, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado.
- 1978 - Surf rock musicians The Beach Boys performed at the Mobile Municipal Auditorium.
- 2000 – Navy flight instructor Matt Heckemeyer reopens the Trader Jon's bar.
- 2004 – The Zoo Northwest Florida is transferred to the control of the non-profit Gulf Coast Zoological Society