Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1976 – Following a string of racial violence, the Escambia County School Board rules it could decide the nickname of Escambia High's sports mascot. Hours later, seven crosses are burned in front of black churches, the SCLC offices, the WEAR studios and the home of WEAR reporter Ken Larson.
- 2004 – The Pensacola News Journal launches its Pelicans in Paradise outdoor art project.
- 2005 – The Pensacola City Council votes 9-1 (with Marty Donovan opposing) to move forward with the Community Maritime Park proposal.
- 2008 – The ECHL terminates the Pensacola Ice Pilots' membership in the league, citing owner Mario Forgione's decision not to field a team for the 2008-09 season.
- "7 crosses burned in Pensacola." St. Petersburg Times, June 25, 1976.