Santa Rosa Life-Saving Station
The Santa Rosa Life-Saving Station located near Fort Pickens on Pensacola Beach was built by the United States Life-Saving Service in 1885, the only Florida House of Refuge not located on the eastern Atlantic coast. The initial building was destroyed in the 1906 hurricane and rebuilt in 1907. It was renovated in 1937. Additions include an equipment building and garage in 1939 and a paint storage building in 1943. Its most recent use was a Gulf Islands National Seashore ranger station and campground registration building.