Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1838 – William Henry Chase is promoted to major.
- 1898 – Sirena Jackson is apprehended boarding a train after neighbors discovered her husband Ben's dead body.
- 1925 – The Frisco Railroad purchases the Muscle Shoals, Birmingham & Pensacola Railroad.
- 1937 – J. A. McMann and W. F. Mershon, two cadets in flight training, are killed when their planes collide near NAS Pensacola.
- 1943 – The Municipal Port Authority convenes for the first time.
- 2006 – The United States Tax Court finds Kent Hovind deficient in paying his federal income taxes in tax years 1995-97 in the amount of $504,957.24.
- 2007 – Niles, a baby hippopotamus at The Zoo Northwest Florida, dies from a punctured lung caused by her father, Kiboko.
- "Two Navy Flyers Die in Pensacola." St. Petersburg Times, July 8, 1937.