Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1880 – County Attorney Stephen Russell Mallory is authorized to negotiate the purchase of a lot at Palafox and Chase Streets to be used for a County Courthouse.
- 1978 - Rock musicians Ted Nugent and Black Oak Arkansas perform at the Mobile Municipal Auditorium.
- 1988 - Pop singer Rod Stewart performed at the civic center.
- 1996 – Delta Air Lines Flight 1288 experiences an uncontained engine failure during takeoff at Pensacola Regional Airport. Engine fragments penetrate the fuselage, killing two and seriously injuring another on board.
- 2005 – Hurricane Dennis reaches hurricane strength.
- 2007 – Thirty boxes of documents from the defunct Copeland's of New Orleans, including sensitive personnel information and customer credit card receipts, are recovered from trash bins behind the Dollar General Store at 400 North Navy Boulevard.