Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1920 – The Eighteenth Amendment goes into effect, marking the beginning of Prohibition.
- 1977 - Heavyweight boxer Larry Holmes defeats Thomas Prater aboard the USS Lexington.
- 1985 – Matt Goldsby, Jimmy Simmons, Kaye Wiggins and Kathy Simmons are indicted on charges related to the Christmas 1984 abortion clinic bombings.
- 2001 – A fire erupts in the "Blue Angels Museum" annex of Trader Jon's, but is extinguished with only minor damage.
- 2022 - Reports of early morning snow flurries in north Escambia County were widespread.