Roundhouse

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The roundhouse in 1926

A roundhouse serving the Pensacola & Atlantic and later Louisville & Nashville Railroads was located along the tracks north of Wright Street at 10th Avenue. It was surrounded by a large complex with storage areas, numerous rail lines, and a spur line out to Muscogee Wharf. This complex stretched from the L & N Depot eastward between Wright and Heinberg Streets to 14th Avenue.

It is depicted on the Wellge map of 1885 and the Koch map of 1896. The structure was demolished in Template:Burned 1932.

Other images[edit]

Template:Rail-stub