L&N Passenger Depot and Express Office

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
L&N Passenger Depot and Express Office
LNPassengerDepot.jpg
The L&N Passenger Depot
Building Information
Location 239 North Alcaniz Street
Construction Start Date 1912
Completion Date 1913
Structural System masonry; raised limestone & terra-cotta ornamentation
Style Spanish Mission & Italianate
Size 2-story passenger terminal
1 story express wing

The L&N Passenger Depot and Express Office was built between 1912-1913 as the major passenger station for the Louisville & Nashville Railroad that serviced Pensacola. The depot opened in 1913 and was in service until the last train rolled out of the station in April 1971. The depot was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 and became the lobby of a hotel (now the Crowne Plaza Pensacola Grand Hotel) in 1984.

Other images[edit]

See also[edit]