From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1779 – Spain signs a treaty with France, obligating the latter to declare war against England and help, among other goals, return Mobile and Pensacola to Spanish rule.
- 1821 – Transfer of Spanish West Florida to the United States: Andrew Jackson and his wife Rachel set out for Pensacola.
- 1856 – A groundbreaking is held in Pensacola commencing construction of the Alabama & Florida Railroad.
- 1861 – Civil War: Fort Pickens is reinforced by several hundred Federal troops aboard the Brooklyn.
- 2002 – Frank Patti pleads guilty to charges of tax fraud.
- 2007 – The Pensacola Ice Pilots and Escambia County reach an agreement to keep the team in Pensacola through at least the 2007-08 season.
- Gregg Turner. A Short History of Florida Railroads. Arcadia Publishing, 2003.