From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- January 7 – Charles Henry Bliss
- May 19 – Richard Miles Cary, Jr.
- July 20 – William Kopman Hyer, Jr.
- July 26 – E. Dixie Beggs, Sr.
- January 8 – A group of men under Colonel William H. Chase attempt to take control of the Union-held Fort Barrancas but are repelled by gunfire at around 11:00 PM.
- July 26 – Confederate President Jefferson Davis appointed Thomas E. Jordan as postmaster of Pensacola and Chandler Cox Yonge as attorney for the Florida district of the Confederacy
- October 9 – Battle of Santa Rosa Island