Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1887 – The State of Florida incorporates the Pensacola Electric Company, the city's first power company and predecessor of Gulf Power.
- 1911 – The Florida legislature authorizes the Pensacola mayor and city council to supersede or repeal state blue laws prohibiting the playing of baseball on Sunday.
- 1988 – August Ellis ends his tenure as Escambia County Administrator.
- 1990 – A stone marker is erected in Seville Square by the Seville Square Childhood Reunion Group and dedicated to "all those who spent their youth in and around Seville Square."
- 2004 – The IRS files notices of over $500,000 in tax liens against Kent Hovind, his son Eric and their Christian Science Evangelism businesses due to past legal maneuverings to evade taxation.
- 2008 – Pensacola City Manager Tom Bonfield is offered the city manager position of Durham, North Carolina.