Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also: Category:Independence Day
- Sertoma's 4th of July Celebration
- Kaboom at Pensacola Beach
- Milton Riverfest
- Ronald McDonald House Firecracker 5K
- 1781 – Father de Veley of St. Michael's Parish conducts his first funeral, for Anthony Soler.
- 1845 – Antebellum period: Florida gains statehood and becomes the 27th star on the U.S. flag.
- 1910 – Isolated race riots break out after African-American boxer Jack Johnson defeats "Great White Hope" Jim Jeffries.
- 1973 - Hard rock musician Edgar Winter performed at the Mobile Municipal Auditorium.
- 1974 – LGBT: Thousands of gay rights activists assemble in Pensacola for a "national convention," an antecedent of the Memorial Day Weekend festivities.
- 1978 - Rock musicians Foreigner and Wet Willie performed at the Mobile Municipal Auditorium.
- 1984 - Mike Danger performs at Franco's All-Nite Affair.
- 2005 – Hurricane Dennis forms as a tropical depression in the Caribbean Sea.
- Austin Carroll. A Catholic History of Alabama and the Floridas. P. J. Kenedy & sons, 1908.
- Dallas A. Blanchard and Terry James Prewitt. Religious violence and abortion: the Gideon Project. University Press of Florida, 1993.