Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1693 – Spanish expedition under Laureano del Torres y Ayala arrived at Pensacola Bay via an overland route from Apalachicola.
- 1764 – Rev. William Dawson is licensed by the Episcopal Church to preach in Pensacola.
- 1888 – The Fort Pickens military reservation is expanded to include the entire Santa Rosa Island by executive order.
- 1948 – Congress passes legislation, later repealed, authorizing the creation of a Pensacola National Monument.
- 1975 - Southern rock musicians Lynyrd Skynyrd performed at the Mobile Municipal Auditorium.
- 1995 - Rock band Boston performs at the Pensacola Civic Center.