- the controversial replacement of Palafox Street sidewalks between Garden and Government
- the Make A Day of It! promotion encouraging residents to visit downtown museums, shops and restaurants
- a new logo for downtown, designed by Ideawörks, featuring a shopping bag, saxophone and office building to represent the area's retail, entertainment and business sectors
After six years leading the organization, she resigned unexpectedly just before a May 27, 2004 meeting. She said of her resignation, "there comes a time when you recognize a direction that you may or may not agree with and realize it's just time to back off, take a deep breath and let some fresh air in. All good runs come to an end, and I've crossed the finish line. It's time to pass the torch and watch from the sidelines."
|Downtown Improvement Board Director
Franklin "Kim" Kimbrough
- "Of Extra Interest: Wanda Enfinger." Pensacola News Journal, August 3, 2005.
- "Owners broken up over Palafox sidewalk plans." Pensacola News Journal, January 12, 2000.
- "Downtown launches year long promotion." Pensacola News Journal, September 3, 1999.
- "New logo to promote downtown growth." Pensacola News Journal, April 24, 2004.
- "Downtown Improvement Board chief quits." Pensacola News Journal, May 28, 2004.
- "Improvement board chief stops to smell the roses." Pensacola News Journal, June 27, 2004.