Template:On this day/May 13
From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1719 – French forces led by brothers Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne, Sieur de Bienville and Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville departed Mobile for Pensacola.
- 1739 – Elias Durnford was born.
- 1862 – Civil War: The USS Vincennes arrived in Pensacola Bay, the first Union ship to enter the harbor since hostilities began.
- 1908 – The streetcar operators' strike was officially ended following an unsuccessful attempt to dynamite a second streetcar.
- 1998 – Kent Hovind and his wife submitted a document to the Escambia County Clerk of Courts renouncing their U.S. citizenship and attempting to revoke all signatures they had theretofore made on government documents.