From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1719 – French forces led by brothers Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne, Sieur de Bienville and Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville depart Mobile for Pensacola.
- 1862 – Civil War: The USS Vincennes arrives in Pensacola Bay, the first Union ship to enter the harbor since hostilities began.
- 1908 – The streetcar operators' strike is officially ended following an unsuccessful attempt to dynamite a second streetcar.
- 1976 - The Florida Theater closes. The last movie shown was Gone With The Wind.
- 1998 – Kent Hovind and his wife submit a document to the Escambia County Clerk of Courts renouncing their U.S. citizenship and attempting to revoke all signatures they had theretofore made on government documents.
- 2016 - Country music artists Florida Georgia Line perform at The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach, Alabama.