Pensacola Fire Department
|Pensacola Fire Department|
|Location||475 East Strong Street|
|Fire Chief||Matt Schmitt|
The department maintains six fire stations and is comprised of six engine companies, two ladder companies, three rescue companies and two Aircraft Rescue Firefighting units.
 Volunteer era
Fire service in Pensacola dates back to 1810, when Spanish officials imported two fire engines, fifty leather buckets, hoses and nozzles from a British firm. A formal volunteer firefighting brigade was formed in 1821 when Florida was transferred to the United States.
 Germania Fire Company
The Germania Steam Fire Engine and Hose Company was formed in 1870 and was headquarted at 17 East Zaragoza Street. In 1888, the Germania Company merged with two other fire companies to form the Fire Association of Pensacola, a city-run volunteer association.
 Formation of paid department
 Station 1
 Station 2
Station 2 is located at 4132 North Davis Highway.
 Station 3
Station 3 is located at 2750 Summit Boulevard.
 Station 4
Station 4 is located at 1 North Q Street.
 Station 6
Station 6 is located at 6550 North 9th Avenue.
 Station 7
Station 7 is located at Pensacola Gulf Coast Regional Airport.
"John Campbell". 1888.
Chief John Baker. 1901.
PFD fire wagon in front of station. Circa 1900s.
PFD firefighters with ladder truck, 1911