From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1781 – Siege of Pensacola: The powder magazine at the Queen's Redoubt is ignited by Spanish troops, forcing British General John Campbell to surrender Fort George and Pensacola to Bernardo de Gálvez.
- 1911 – "The Birth of Naval Aviation": Captain W. I. Chambers requisitions one Wright and two Curtiss airplanes for the U. S. Navy.
- 1978 – On descent into Pensacola Regional Airport, National Airlines Flight 193 lands in Escambia Bay, resulting in the drowning deaths of three passengers.
- 2008 – The Pensacola City Council abruptly selects William D. "Rusty" Wells to replace John Fleming as City Attorney, foregoing a ranking system that had been established for the hiring process.
- 2015 - Folk rock musician John Fogerty performed at The Wharf Amphitheater in Orange Beach.