Template:On this day/June 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1742 – John Eliot was born in Cornwall.
- 1818 – Andrew Jackson wrote to John C. Calhoun about his capture of Pensacola and announced the Seminole War was over.
- 1828 – First Methodist Church held its first services in its first permanent home at the northeast corner of Tarragona and Intendencia Streets.
- 1844 – Jonathan Walker sailed from Mobile to salvage a copper-laden ship wrecked near Pensacola.
- 2004 – Escambia County Sheriff Ron McNesby was cleared of wrongdoing in the discounted sale of county-owned trailers to a political contributor.