Jump to navigation Jump to search
<googlemap lat="30.348315" lon="-87.268492" type="hybrid" zoom="18" width="400" height="350">
30.347945, -87.268964, Commandant's Offices? 30.348713, -87.268454, Quarters A? 30.347852, -87.268192, Navy Chapel?</googlemap>
- Nope very close though. It is to the North Side of North Avenue and a little more to the west. Its about in the middle of North Avenue. Also if you map the Commandants Office as well is is on the south side of North Avenue directly accross from the Quarters A. I'm a little confused on messaging? Is this how we should message?
- --Admiral 00:12, 6 June 2008 (CDT)
- Okay, I think I mixed up Quarters A with the Commandant's Offices. I only see two square-shaped buildings along North Avenue, which form a kind of triangle on Center Avenue with the octagonal antebellum building (the Navy Chapel?). See map at right... does that look correct? Also, is this strip of houses on North Avenue what they call "Admirals' Row"?
- Talk pages like this one are a good way to discuss their respective articles in a public format. We use progressively larger indents for each comment to show where the next comment begins. For example, I added a colon (:) in front of your comment, which indented it once, and two colons (::) in front of these two paragraphs in my comment. This is translated by the Mediawiki software as indents. FInally, when you sign your name, you can just click the icon that's third from the right in the above toolbar -- it looks like part of a handwritten signature. This will add the characters
--~~~~that will automatically convert to your username link and timestamp when you click the submit button.
- Thanks again for these contributions! We've had a dearth of content on NAS that I'm glad we're starting to remedy. --Admin 07:45, 6 June 2008 (CDT)
- Your correct, Quarters A is the house at the top of the triangle to the west and below is the Commandants office and to the east is the old chapel/armory/legal office. There are a few houses on North Avenue, but there not commonly referred to as Admirals Row. Only one home has an Admirals billet. I'm working on an article to note the rest of the homes on North Avenue finding credible information (vs. scuttlebutt around base) is proving challenging. The map is somewhat out of date however since hurricane Ivan, but it still is accurate. MOst of the larger buildings to the South have been wiped away as well as all the homes to the East of Quarters A.
--Admiral 09:08, 6 June 2008 (CDT)