- December 23 – Hugh King announces to the Greater Union Baptist Church congregation that he will step down as pastor to fight felony cocaine charges.
- December 21 – Maghen Davala and Robert Ellingson are arrested for allegedly trying to sell their 2-month-old baby in a PetSmart parking lot for $30.
- December 17 – Fred Allen, Sr. is found not guilty in the murder of his wife Patsy by reason of insanity.
- December 14 – Andrews Institute founder James Andrews agrees to pay $450,000 of a $14.9 million settlement with the federal government on charges of fraud and illegal kickbacks.
- December 12 – The I-10 bridge over Escambia Bay is completed and dedicated to deceased engineer David Bogan.
- December 6 - Pace teen Joshua Harris pleads guilty to DUI-manslaughter, stemming from a June 14, 2007 crash in which Harris caused the deaths of two young women, Shana Marie Sanders, 22, of Pace, and Amanda Pearl Davis, 21, of Milton.
- December 3 - Cancun's Mexican Grill in Gulf Breeze is raided by federal agents with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Agency. The restaurant's owner, Rogelio Chavez, was arrested and is awaiting trial on charges of conspiracy to distribute and possession with the intent to distribute both cocaine and methamphetamine, as well as harboring illegal immigrants.