Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1988 - Rock band Poison performs at the civic center.
- 2000 – Subterranean Books moves from Barrancas Avenue to East Gregory Street.
- 2003 – Pensacola police raid strip club Arety's Angels; owner Arety Sievers later claims the raid was arranged by County Administrator George Touart over a previous dispute.
- 2006 – The Cervantes Street bridge spanning Bayou Texar is dedicated in honor of dentist and civic activist Philip Payne.
- 2011 - Pop/rock band The Producers performed at Flounder's Restaurant on Pensacola Beach. They are best-known for their early-'80's radio hits, titled "She, Sheila", also "What's He Got ( That I Ain't Got )", "I Love Lucy (She Don't Care)", and several others. Destin-based band Cabo Rock opened the show, and the event was emceed by local musician and surfer Freddy Esposito.