Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2004 – Taser abuse: Escambia Sheriff's Deputy Shedrick Cleon Johnston, Sr. uses a Taser to shoot Harold Bernard Fountain in the face, blinding Fountain's left eye.
- 2005 – The Pensacola News Journal publishes a column critical of Wal-Mart, prompting the company to ban sale of the newspaper at its local stores.
- 2006 – Kent Hovind pays over $10,000 in delinquent property taxes and penalties for Dinosaur Adventure Land.
- 2007 – ECSO deputies Nick Harris, Matt Clark, Steve Nesmith and retired detective Dan Henry are cleared by a jury in a civil lawsuit alleging they illegally searched Jamareo Durr's residence.
- 2008 – The Escambia County Commission votes unanimously, with no discussion, to settle a lawsuit filed by Roads, Inc. over the revocation of a stormwater permit at the company's controversial Cantonment catfish pond.