Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Merchants Bank & Turton's Photo Gallery in the Clubbs building
|Location||NE corner Government and Palafox Streets|
|Client||A. V. Clubbs|
|Engineer||A. V. Clubbs|
|Date Demolished||August 1909|
The Clubbs Block was a three-story building located at the northeast corner of Palafox and Government Streets (where Seville Tower currently sits). Owned by builder A. V. Clubbs, it was the headquarters of the Merchants Bank, among other tenants, and is depicted in the Wellge map of 1885.
It was demolished in August 1908 to make way for the American National Bank Building (now Seville Tower).
Circa 1906. Opera House visible in background at right.