From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1930 – Gulf Intracoastal Waterway: Congress appropriates $600,000 to establish a 9-by-100-foot channel between Pensacola Bay and Mobile Bay.
- 1996 – Anti-abortion activist John Burt settles a civil lawsuit with the family of murdered abortion provider David Gunn in which he lost possession of land adjacent to the Ladies Center used for protesting.
- 2007 – Attorney Vince Whibbs, Jr. pleads no contest to charges of racketeering, grand theft and mortgage fraud.
- 2009 New Fire Chief Frank Edwards Became Escambia County Fire Rescue
- 2016 - Sprinter Justin Gatlin wins the 2016 Olympic Trials 100-meter race, which qualifies him to be the oldest Olympic track competitor in more than 100 years.