From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- January 6 – Wind Creek Casino & Hotel opens.
- February 19 – Celebrate Pensacola: Juan Carlos I and Sofia, the King and Queen of Spain, visit Pensacola in conjunction with 450th anniversary celebrations.
- April 3 – The Pensacola News Journal announces its intention to close its Pensacola printing operations and outsource printing to the Mobile Press-Register.
- June 16 – The National Flight Academy project breaks ground.
- August 16 – The Zoo Northwest Florida closes due to a lack of funding.
- November 24 – City of Pensacola voters adopt a new City charter, which provides for a mayor-council form of government.