Beggs & Lane
Beggs & Lane is a Pensacola law firm that dates back to 1883, making it the oldest continuous law practice in Florida. The firm was founded as Blount & Blount by brothers William and Alexander Blount. Former Florida Supreme Court Judge Francis B. Carter joined the firm in 1907, and subsequent partners included J. E. D. Yonge, E. Dixie Beggs, Sr. and Bert Lane. Eventually becoming Beggs, Lane, Daniel, Gaines & Davis, it was shortened to its current name in 1975.
J. Nixon Daniel III is the firm's current managing partner.
After holding offices in its founders' Blount Building, the firm moved into a renovated warehouse at 501 Commendencia Street in 2002, increasing their total floor space from 19,000 to 26,000 square feet. In 2008, they began leasing annex space on the first floor of the recently built Lofts at Alcaniz Centre, and they hired former U.S. Attorney Gregory Miller to open a new Tallahassee location.
- BeggsLane.com – official site
- "After nearly 120 years, Beggs & Lane relocates." Pensacola News Journal, August 2, 2002.