From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
- 1814 – War of 1812: Spanish officials permit 300 British troops to land at Pensacola and anchor a fleet in the harbor.
- 1884 – A Pensacola and Atlantic Railroad drawbridge watchman is found dead on the tracks, his body riddled with 23 bullets.
- 1892 – Southern Bell Telephone & Telegraph Company files suit against A. H. D'Alemberte.
- 1965 – Pensacola Gulf Coast Regional Airport receives the landing of its first commercial jet plane, an Eastern Airlines Boeing 727.
- 1966 – The first of the original Evening in Old Seville Square events is held.