Template:On this day/May 9
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1781 – Siege of Pensacola: The terms of British Pensacola's surrender were negotiated.
- 1845 – After several months' imprisonment in the calabozo, Jonathan Walker was arraigned on three more charges related to slave stealing.
- 1862 – Civil War: The Confederate Army of Pensacola evacuated Pensacola, burning the Navy Yard and other defenses.
- 1960 – The Fiesta of Five Flags organization was officially incorporated.
- 1981 – A new gazebo at Seville Square, built as part of the Gálvez bicentennial celebration, was dedicated to Mary Turner Rule Reed.