Template:On this day/February 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1686 – An expedition under the command of Juan Enriques Barroto (Juan Jordan Reina) entered Pensacola Bay.
- 1959 – The Appleyard Agency was founded by John Appleyard.
- 1972 – The Council on Aging of West Florida was incorporated.
- 1983 – Burney Henderson signed over 208 acres of beachfront to the State of Florida for $13.1 million, to be preserved as the Henderson Beach State Park.
- 1997 – Matt Martin was killed in a skateboarding accident.