Jump to navigation Jump to search

McKenzie Oerting & Company

No change in size, 19:25, 15 January 2009
1862 -> 1863
|location=601 South [[Palafox Street]]
|founder=[[P. J. McKenzie Oerting]]
'''McKenzie Oerting & Company''' was a ship chandlery, marine supply and grocery founded in [[18621863]] by Danish immigrant [[P. J. McKenzie Oerting]] and reorganized in [[1886]] by his son, [[Charles McKenzie Oerting]]. Its [[McKenzie Oerting Building|headquarters]] at 601 South [[Palafox Street]] was built in [[1892]].
When the business closed in [[1971]] with the retirement of [[John Alexander Oerting, Sr.]], it had the distinction of being city's oldest surviving business.

Navigation menu