Lumon May & family
|Born||March 23, 1970|
|Parents||Theophalis and Mary May|
|Children||Armoni and Lumon May Jr.|
Lumon James May (b. 1970) is a community activist, co-owner of May's Construction, and 2008 Democratic candidate for Florida State House District 3. He lost narrowly to Republican incumbent Clay Ford.
Community involvement & awards
- Community Equity Investment, Inc.
- Southern Youth Sports Association
- Gulf Coast Youth Sports Alliance
- Pensacola Junior College Foundation
- Reggie Evans Youth Basketball League
- Suburban West Rotary, Paul Harris Fellow
- Pensacola Sports Association, Admiral Kenneth Shugart Award & Volunteer of the Year
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Escambia County, Hall of Fame
- NAACP, Freedom Award
2008 political candidacy
After deciding relatively late in the election cycle to run for the District 3 seat, May managed to collect the necessary 835 petitions to qualify for the ballot in less than five days.
|C. V. (Clay) Ford (R)||33,504||52.1%|
|Lumon May (D)||30,751||47.9%|
- www.lumonmay.com – Political homepage