|Charles L. Bare|
Bare moved to Pensacola in 1988 to attend the University of West Florida, where he received his Bachelor of Arts and Master of Public Administration degrees. After graduating, he moved to Atlanta to work for the U.S. Department of Education.
Bare and his wife returned to the Pensacola area in 1997. He was employed at UWF as Director of Government Relations and Executive Assistant to the University President.
A member of the U.S. Army Reserves, Bare was called to active duty in February 2003 and spent a year in Operation Iraqi Freedom with the 358th Civil Affairs Brigade. Bare worked as a district representative for Congressman Jeff Miller (December 2005 to 2006) before establishing IT company The Charles Bare Company in 2007.
On August 14, 2012, Bare ran for and won the Pensacola City Council At-Large B seat with nearly 59% of the vote in a three-way primary defeating challenger Victor Cross and incumbent Sam Hall (who received only 29% of the vote) .
- Leadership Pensacola, graduate; Youth Leadership Pensacola program, former chair
- Gulf Breeze Area Chamber of Commerce, board of directors and president
- UWF National Alumni Association, board of directors
- First United Methodist Church of Pensacola, Missions and Outreach Council chair
- AdvancePensacola.com – Campaign website