Burgess Road

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Burgess Road is named for two brothers: Burl R. Burgess (1893-1952) and Joseph L. Burgess (1898-1962.) The Burgess Brothers Grocery was located at the Corner of Brainerd and Twelfth Avenue in East Hill. The brothers also kept a small cattle farm outside of town, on what is now called Burgess Road. Joe Burgess later founded and ran Burgess Realty.