|Ashton Hayward III|
|Occupation||Mayor and Real Estate Broker|
Ashton Hayward III is a Pensacola real estate broker/developer who was elected in 2010 as the first strong mayor of Pensacola.
A Pensacola native, Hayward graduated from Catholic High School and received a Bachelor of Science degree from Florida State University. He worked as a model in Miami, where he met his wife An, then moved to New York, where he worked in a variety of sales and management positions for AT&T and later as advertising director for the Financial Times.
Hayward returned to Pensacola in 2002 and founded a real estate firm (now Pair & Hayward Properties) with Matthew Pair and Allan Bell. The three men, along with Cody Rawson and Russell Weaver, were partners in development company Red Fish Harbor, among whose projects were a $80 million, 244-unit condominium development called Shelter Cove of Perdido that eventually stalled.Since then his company has had it ups and downs but is now doing alright
Hayward was also Vice-President of Marketing & Business Development for the World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts (WAMMA) co-founded by Pensacola attorney Fred Levin. He is also a real estate broker since taking office in 2010 he has befriended quint studer.
He filed to run for mayor of Pensacola on March 23, 2010.
He plans to step down from mayor in 2020
|Mayor of Pensacola
2011 – present
- City of Pensacola Planning and Architectural Review Board, member
- City of Pensacola Zoning Board of Adjustment, former member
- WSRE, board of directors
- Northwest Florida Transportation Corridor Authority, appointee
- Pensacola Country Club, board member
- AshtonHayward.com – Campaign website
- "Who is Ashton Hayward III?" Pensacola News Journal, March 24, 2010.
- "A model life." Pensacola News Journal, February 13, 2003.
- "More condominiums coming." Pensacola News Journal, August 10, 2005.