Talk:Henry C. Mustin
Return to "Henry C. Mustin" page.
- Yeah I'm excited! What do you think of this:
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
- Pensapedia Reaches 2,000 Articles
- June 25, 2009: Pensapedia ( http://www.pensapedia.com ), a wiki-style online encyclopedia for the Pensacola area, has reached a major milestone with the creation of its 2,000th article, "Henry C. Mustin."
- The article was created on June 25 and includes information about Henry Croskey Mustin, an early Naval Aviator who helped establish the Naval Aeronautic Station, predecessor of the modern Naval Air Station Pensacola. He was part of a detachment sent in January 1914 to establish a flight school at the defunct Navy Yard (later serving as its commandant) and participated in early Naval Aviation operations and experiments, including an historic catapult launch from a ship anchored in Pensacola Bay. Mustin Beach and the Mustin Beach Officers Club are named for him.
- Pensapedia is a non-profit collaborative encyclopedia documenting the Pensacola area and its history. Built with the same software as the popular Wikipedia project, it was founded in late 2006 by Joseph Vinson and joined shortly thereafter by Derek Cosson. There are now nearly 200 registered users and dozens of unregistered patrons who have contributed to articles. Anyone with an Internet connection is free to view, contribute and improve information throughout the website. Article topics range from Pensacola's earliest history to current events and everything in between.
- Pensapedia may be found on the web at http://www.pensapedia.com . The project may also be followed on the social websites Facebook and Twitter.