Savoy Gardens

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
USO for African American servicemen at the Savoy, circa 1942

The Savoy Gardens, also known as the Savoy Ballroom, was a club located in the Belmont-DeVilliers neighborhood at 313 North DeVilliers Street. It was popular in the 1930s and 1940s as a dance hall and USO venue for the segregated black community.