Foster's Bank

From Pensapedia, the Pensacola encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Foster's Bank was the name given to the eastern end of Perdido Key, once a separate islet, where Fort McRee was constructed.

On February 9, 1842, just a few years after McRee was completed, an executive order set aside all land on Foster's Bank within one mile of the fort (109.9 acres) as a military reservation.