Blount Junior High School
|A. C. Blount Junior High School|
|Location||113 North C Street|
|Current Owner||Blount Redevelopment, LLC|
|Completion Date|| 1915 (Original J. B. Lockey School)|
1937 (Blount Junior High expansion)
The Escambia County School District vacated the building in 1982. Frank McGinley purchased the building "as-is" for $5,000 in 1996. McGinley intended to turn one of the campus' smaller buildings into a private residence for himself, while converting the larger 39,000 square foot building into low-cost apartments for the elderly. However, McGinley was not able to finance his plans, and resold the property for $400,000 to Blount Redevelopment, LLC in 2004.
Blount Junior High's school newspaper was called Put It Blountly.
- ↑ "'Dinosaur' of an old school becomes home to ex-student", Pensacola News Journal, May 10, 2006.
- ↑ "William Alexander Blount 1851-1921". St. Michael's Cemetery Foundation. Retrieved on 2009-01-11.
- ↑ "New life sought for old schools", Pensacola News Journal, July 10, 2000.
- ↑ http://web.fccj.edu/~hdenson/Journalist.html