United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida serves the residents of twenty-three counties. These are Alachua, Bay, Calhoun, Dixie, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Taylor, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington counties.
The four courthouses in which it hears cases are Gainesville, Panama City, Pensacola, and Tallahassee. The United States Courthouse in Pensacola is located at the northwest corner of Garden and Palafox Streets, site of the former San Carlos Hotel.
- Eligius Fromentin, 1821 (territorial judge, resigned)
- Isaac Bronson, 1846-1847 (all of Florida), 1847-1855 (Northern District)
- McQueen McIntosh, 1856-1861 (resigned to join Confederacy)
- Phillip Fraser, 1862-1876
- Thomas Settle, 1877-1888
- Charles Swayne, 1889-1907
- William Bostwick Sheppard, 1907-1934
- Augustine V. Long, 1934-1947
- Dozier DeVane, 1943-1947 (Northern & Southern Districts), 1947-1958 (Northern District)
- G. Harold Carswell, 1958-1969
- Winston E. Arnow, 1967-1994 (senior status 1981)
- David L. Middlebrooks, 1969-1974 (resigned)
- William Stafford, 1975-present (senior status 1996)
- Lynn C. Higby, 1979-1983 (resigned)
- Maurice M. Paul, 1982-present (senior status 1997)
- Roger Vinson, 1983-present (senior status 2005)
- Lacey A. Collier, 1991-present (senior status 2003)
- Robert L. Hinkle, 1996-present
- Stephan P. Mickle, 1998-present(senior status 2011)
- M. Casey Rodgers, 2003-?
- Richard Smoak, 2005-?
- Stephan Mickle, 2009 - 2011
- Mark Walker, 2021