Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1781 – Siege of Pensacola: Capitulation of British forces. Pensacola's third Spanish period begins.
- 1862 – Civil War: Acting Mayor John Brosnaham surrenders Pensacola to Union officials.
- 1906 – An ordinance changing various street names was adopted.
- 1983 – In the first city election since a federal voting rights lawsuit, African-Americans are elected to three seats on the Pensacola City Council.
- 2002 – Soccer complex corruption scandal: Governor Jeb Bush appoints temporary replacements for the four indicted county commissioners.
- 2008 – The first StudioAmped is held at the WSRE Jean and Paul Amos Performance Studio.
- 2011 - Hard rock band Avenged Sevenfold performs at the Pensacola Civic Center.