Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1882 – Congress authorizes the replacement of Pensacola's federal buildings destroyed in the fire of 1880.
- 1975 – Civil rights leaders H. K. Matthews and B. J. Brooks are convicted of felony extortion over chants they allegedly led during the Blackwell demonstrations.
- 1994 – Community Healthcare Center administrator Linda Taggart tries to have protester Paul Hill arrested under the recently-passed federal FACE law, but is unsuccessful.
- 2003 – John Burt, pursued over child molestation charges, is apprehended in a Gadsden County motel, having apparently attempted suicide.
- 2004 – A grand jury finds that Escambia County Sheriff Ron McNesby did call Arety Sievers in regard to charges made by Escambia County Administrator George Touart's son Matthew at her Arety's Angels club, but does not deem the action illegal or improper.
- 2010 – Pensacola Police Department name Chip W. Simmons As Acting Police Chief