Immanuel Lutheran Church
Immanuel Lutheran Church is a Religious Institution located in Pensacola, FL. It was established in 1885, which makes it one of the oldest Lutheran churches in the state of Florida.
After an initial service at the First Presbyterian Church in February 1885, subsequent organizational meetings and services were held at the Germania Fire Hall (now Quayside Art Gallery) on Zarragossa Street across from Plaza Ferdinand. On March 22, Trustees were elected with Eduard Sexauer as President. The first church on the Northeast corner of Garden and Baylen was completed in the fall of 1885. Seminary candidate, Arthur Michel, was ordained and installed on Oct. 4, and the new church was dedicated.
What came to be known as Immanuel Lutheran Church was originally named, "The First German-English Evangelical Lutheran Immanuel's Congregation of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession of Pensacola, Florida." This lengthy name caused many to refer to Immanuel as “The German Lutheran Church” in order to distinguish it from the Norwegian Seaman’s Church. By 1969, the name eventually evolved into Immanuel Lutheran Church.
- See more at: http://www.immlu.com/History.htm#sthash.3vue5TF6.dpuf