H. Miller Caldwell, Jr.
|H. Miller Caldwell, Jr.|
|Born||June 19, 1950|
|Children||Miller III and Avery Caldwell|
Caldwell is a sixth generation Pensacolian who grew up in North Hill and attended the A. V. Clubbs School and Pensacola High School. He received an associate's of arts degree from Pensacola Junior College in 1970 and a bachelor's of science degree in architecture from University of Florida in 1974. Returning to Pensacola, he joined the firm of Lock & Morrison, then worked with architects Hugh Leitch, Ken Woolf (with whom he helped restore the Brent and Blount Buildings) and Ellis Bullock before starting his own firm, Caldwell Associates, in 1986.
- Pensacola Junior College Foundation, president (2002-2004)
- Fiesta of Five Flags president, 1998
- Order of Tristan president, 1997
- Celebrate Pensacola leadership
- City of Pensacola Architectural Review Board
- St. John's Historic Cemetery Board
- St. Michael's Cemetery Foundation
- Arts Council of Northwest Florida
- Compass Bank Board of Directors
- Sacred Heart Hospital Board of Directors
- Miracle Camp Board of Directors
- Irish Politicians Club
Awards & recognition
- Fiesta of Five Flags De Luna LI, 2000
- PACE Award, Community Leader of the Year, 2004
- Junior League Above & Beyond Award
- Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Contribution Award from bringing tall ship Juan Sebastian de Elcano to Pensacola's 300th Anniversary Celebration
- Jaycee Outstanding Young Man in America, 1976
- "Architect proud of park's potential." Pensacola News Journal, February 28, 2005.
- "Luna court is at last in its place." Pensacola News Journal, June 18, 2000.
- "PACE winner takes advice of his family." Pensacola News Journal, May 7, 2004.