Template:On this day/August 14
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1559 – A Spanish expedition led by Tristán de Luna y Arellano enters Pensacola Bay.
- 1812 – A Spanish decree orders the renaming of Plaza Ferdinand VII to "Plaza de la Constitución" (as shown on the Pintado plan).
- 1864 – Civil War: Union General Alexander Sandor Asboth orders his troops to leave Pensacola and move across the Perdido River for operations near Mobile Bay.
- 1957 – Sam Hall was born.
- 1972 – The L&N Marine Terminal Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places.