Pensacola Electric Company
The Pensacola Electric Company was the first electrical utility authority in the Pensacola area and for many years operated the Pensacola streetcar system.
The enterprise was spearheaded by Pensacola businessmen B. R. Pitt, Willoughby A. D'Alemberte, Edward Gale Quina, William A. Blount and J. S. Leonard. It was incorporated by the State of Florida as the Pensacola Electric Light and Power Company on June 3, 1887, and bestowed with "the power to create, distribute, use and sell electric light and power in the city of Pensacola and vicinity," as well as the power to acquire property and erect poles and wires to that end.