Mayhew Wilson "Pat" Dodson III (1929-1975) was a Pensacola advertising executive, historian and preservationist who, along with Mary Turner Rule Reed and J. Earle Bowden, helped establish the Seville Square Historic District in Pensacola. His efforts as a member of the Florida Board of Regents led to the establishment of the University of West Florida, which awarded him an honorary Doctor of Laws degree in 1974.
|Mayhew Wilson "Pat" Dodson III|
|Occupation||Advertising executive, historian|
Dodson founded his own advertising agency in 1958. He added principals Frank Craddock and Patricia Born in 1961, calling the firm Dodson, Craddock & Born. He also served on the President’s Council on Historic Preservation, the Historic Pensacola Preservation Board and the Florida American Revolution Bicentennial Commission.
On November 10, 1977, the University of West Florida dedicated a cluster of three buildings to him, called the Dodson College of Business Complex. A "Great Floridian" plaque in his honor is located at the Tivoli High House on Zaragoza Street, the reconstruction of which he promoted.