- 1926 – Gulf Power: Full power is finally restored more than two months after a hurricane damaged the plant at Barracks and Main Streets.
- 1948 – The USS Pensacola (CA-24) is sunk as a target ship off the coast of Washington state.
- 1953 – 2,688 acres of what is now Cordova Park and the surrounding area is annexed into the City of Pensacola.
- 1959 – 485 acres of the Ferry Pass Heights area is annexed into the City of Pensacola. Department store magnate James Cash Penney arrived for the opening of the newly-remodeled JC Penney store located downtown.
- 1977 – The University of West Florida dedicates the "Dodson College of Business Complex" in honor of Pat Dodson.
- 1978 – The wilderness area of the Gulf Islands National Seashore is designated.
- 1992 - Rock musicians Ozzy Osbourne and Alice In Chains performed at the Pensacola Civic Center.
- 2018 - Former NBC Tonight Show trumpeter and bandleader Doc Severinsen performed, along with the Pensacola Civic Band, at the Saenger Theater.