Open main menu

McKenzie Oerting & Company

Revision as of 13:13, 4 November 2008 by Admin (talk | contribs) (New page: thumb|right|200px|Inside the [[McKenzie Oerting Building in the 1960s]] '''McKenzie Oerting & Company''' was a ship chandlery, marine supply...)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Inside the McKenzie Oerting Building in the 1960s

McKenzie Oerting & Company was a ship chandlery, marine supply and grocery founded in 1886 by Danish immigrant Charles McKenzie Oerting. Its headquarters at 601 South Palafox Street was built in 1892.

When the business closed in 1971 with the retirement of John Alexander Oerting, Sr., it had the distinction of being city's oldest surviving business.

See also