McKenzie Oerting & Company
McKenzie Oerting & Company was a ship chandlery, marine supply and grocery founded in 1863 by Danish immigrant P. J. McKenzie Oerting and reorganized in 1886 by his son, Charles McKenzie Oerting. Its headquarters at 601 South Palafox Street was built in 1892.
|McKenzie Oerting & Company|
|Industry||Ship chandlerly and marine supply|
|Location||601 South Palafox Street|
|Founder||P. J. McKenzie Oerting|
The McKenzie Oerting Building in the 1960s
- J. S. Glass, editor. The Southern Manufacturer, Volume V, Number 3. New Orleans: June 1901.